At Earthtones, we believe that tourism — when implemented thoughtfully and intentionally — can be a force for regeneration in the world: regenerative to local economic, social, and ecological systems. Partnering with individuals, guides, and communities rich in natural capital — from farmers to community land trusts and ranches — we're co-creating a network of local-powered, immersive nature experiences.
- Pick up from Diqing Shangri-La Airport and check into the hotel. - Welcome dinner at the hotel. - Relax to acclimatise to the altitude.
- After breakfast, visit Napa Lake and drive along the Yangtze River valley towards Benzilan (1.5-hour drive). - Stop off for lunch - In the afternoon, visit the 300-year-old Dongzhulin Monastery to learn about Tibetan Buddhism. - Continue onto Meili via Baima Snow Mountain (2-hour drive). - Arrive in Meili in the late afternoon and visit to a nearby local family - Dinner at the lodge.
- After breakfast, drive to Meili Snow Mountain. - Pass through snow-capped mountains and the Mekong River valley officially entering Tibet (2-hour drive). - Visit the 1000-year-old salt fields to learn about the history and process of ancient salt making. - Savor a bowl of Jiajia Noodles, a local specialty, for lunch before crossing the Hongla Mountain and Lawu Mountain in the afternoon (3.5-hour drive). - Dinner at the lodge.read more
- After breakfast, visit Maiba Pasture (seasonal) to see the rich pasture land, yaks grazing, and the plateau pika (1-hour drive). - Lunch at the pasture. - Return to the lodge and relax in the afternoon. - Dinner at the lodge.
- After breakfast, depart for Rawu (9-10 hours in total). - Reach the highest point of the journey at 5,130m over the Dongda Mountain Pass (2-hour drive). - Stop off for a picnic at the Bangda Grassland at noon (eat at a local restaurant in the winter). - In the afternoon, travel along the long and winding “Nu Jiang 72 Turns” (2-hour drive). - Continue to climb the 4,400m Anjiula Mountain Pass and arrive at your lodge in time to experience the spectacular sunset on the terrace (2.5-hour drive). - Dinner at the lodge.read more
- Experience the magnificent sunrise on the lodge’s terrace in the morning. - After breakfast, head to Duosong Tso (a holy and secret lake without any tourists) to witness the pristine forest, blue lake, and snow-capped mountains. - Return to the lodge for lunch. - Free leisurely time in the afternoon or if you are feeling active, visit the ancient blue Laigu Glacier on foot (30-minute drive). - Dinner at the hotelread more
- After breakfast, drive to the mirror-like Rawu Lake surrounded by snow-capped mountains. - Drive along the Palong Tsangpo River and through dense forest to your next mountain lodge (3-hour drive). - Have lunch at the hotel. - In the afternoon explore the tranquil and vast Guxiang Lake away from the town. - Dinner at the hotel.
- After breakfast, drive to Zhuxi Glacier and visit the 400-year-old Pulong Temple. - Return to the hotel for lunch. - In the afternoon, take a leisurely hike to the Spruce Forest (1.5-hour trek). - Dinner at the hotel.
- After breakfast, drive to Lulang via the Tongmai Bridge. - Stop off for lunch. - Hike into Zhaxigang Village situated at the foot of the Jialabailei Summit (1-2 hour trek). - Pass by Lulang’s immense forest to see the snowcapped mountains, meadows, cattle and sheep. Arrive at Nyingchi via the Nyingchi Sejila Mountain Pass. - Dinner at the hotel.
- After breakfast, visit the Basong Tso holy lake and Tsozong Gongba Monastery located in the middle of the lake on Tashi Island (2-hour drive). - Stop off for lunch at a local restaurant in Bahe Town. - Follow the G318 highway to Lhasa (4-hour drive). - Check in and have dinner at the hotel.
- After breakfast, visit Potala Palace, the iconic heart of Tibetan Buddhism and the highest palace in the world. - Return to the hotel for lunch. - In the afternoon, visit Jokhang Temple, the spiritual center of Tibet and the holiest destination for all Tibetan pilgrims. - Afterwards go to Barkhor Street to experience the most vibrant bazaar in Lhasa. - Enjoy a farewell dinner at the hotel.
After breakfast, transfer to Lhasa Gonggar Airport, or continue to your next destination.
All meals, excluding breakfast and lunch on day 1, and lunch/dinner on day 12
Starting from$4564 / person